Servicing the residents of Pennsylvania since 1876
Farmers Mutual Insurance Company of Western Pennsylvania was formed on April 6, 1876 by a group of local business men, with the idea of providing fire coverage for the local community. The officers of the company would assess each policyholder at year end to determine their premium, based on losses and the company’s expenses. The company remained virtually unchanged until 1977 when Farmers Mutual of McCandless Township, merged with German Mutual Insurance Company which was located in Zelienople, Pa. Up until that time, Farmers Mutual of McCandless Twp., only provided fire and wind coverage to policy holders that were sold by our Directors within Allegheny, Butler & Beaver Counties, they then began to market combination policies that provided insurance coverage for both Property & Liability, and began using the Independent Agent System to sell its Products. The company would merger again in 1988 with Triumph Mutual of Beaver County and at the same time built our present office building located in Wexford, Pennsylvania.
From our humble beginnings Farmer Mutual of Western Pennsylvania has strived to keep our philosophy intact: To provide the best possible products, service and price to our policyholders, while maintaining a solid financial base.